Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review: Seoul Korea BBQ @ Taman Danau Desa

Hey lovelies!

I'm finally back from a short semester! Starting my internship very soon! In the meantime, I'm going to update on my food trips, cafe hopping sessions and make up reviews really soon! Look out for the updates in a week's time :)

I've tried numerous Korean BBQ places, but this is by far my favourite! I've tried five different Korean BBQ restaurants before and only a regular of two places. Shall add this restaurant to my list then!

Let's start! *sizzle sizzle*






Seoul Korea is a well-known, established Korean BBQ that has been around much longer than a lot of commercialized Korean BBQ places that had been mushrooming everywhere in Klang Valley! Embarrassing, but I've only got the chance and remembered of this place recently. I've always passed by this road at dinner time on weekends and all I see is a long queue of patrons, all the way from upstairs until the mamak downstairs. Frightening if you're hangry (hungry + angry) lol.



No queueing required at 12pm on weekdays! Awesomeee! 


 Two large portions of marinated pork belly! RM28 per portion



Beautiful colours from the array of free-flow side dishes (banchan 반찬) including peanuts, dried laver (seaweed), okra, peanuts, kimchi (!!!), cucumber mihun, lotus roots, tofu wrapped with eggs and braised pork slices (tastes like char siew!).
My favourites are kimchi, lotus roots and braised pork slices! ;)



Ddukbokki, boiled eggs and cabbage.



Bubbling pot of kimchi jjigae! A must order at every Korean restaurant! ♥♥♥ Reminiscing my days in Seoul a few years back. I feel like I belonged at home in Seoul! I can eat their food almost everyday ^_^



The workers will help to barbecue the meat at your table and slice them up to bite size pieces, so you'll not have to worry about burning your meat. Haha



My friends are hooked to Korean food! YASSSS! I've taught them well...




The restaurant is being managed by a Korean ahjumma and ahjussi.


Tiffany H's verdict: 

Food:  ★★★★★ Properly seasoned and fresh
Service: ★★★★★ Attentive and quick service, plenty of workers
Atmosphere: ★★★☆☆ Lighting is dim at night, can get a little stuffy.
Price: ★★★★☆ Affordable and reasonable. Roughly RM20 - RM30 per pax.
Location: ★★★☆☆ Plenty of parking nearby (remember to pay parking using parking meter) but most of the time, the parking spots are taken, so you'll have to hunt for parking spots lol!



Address
Restaurant Seoul Korea,
No 1-1 1st, Plaza Danau 2, Jalan 4/109f, Taman Danau Desa,
58100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Operating hours (split to lunch and dinner)
Lunch time: 12pm - 3pm (2pm last order)
Dinner time: 5.30pm - 10.30pm (9.50pm last order)



Signing off ♥
( = ^ ㅅ ^ = )

No comments:

Post a Comment